Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Keeping busy during the break before the wait

Am feeling a little more positive than when I last wrote... after all, it's only been two attempts, no medication, no intervention.  I know plenty of people who have tried for a lot, lot longer with no idea about the limitations of their bodies, their numbers etc.   It kind of boggles my mind how many people don't ask for medical help when they have trouble conceiving.  

So yes... focusing on positivity has begun in earnest again.  

Plus have had a lot to focus on... have had renters in my property for a while and they're all moving out - my Mother is moving back in so I've been getting it clean and presentable again... painting etc.  

I've also been working a lot although this weekend I had unexpected fun.  I ran into a good friend and  we decided to make a day of eating and drinking.   I let my hair down... got a little tipsy and had so much fun with him... all this and in bed by 10pm.  I was not made to be a day drinker!  It was so great to have male company... he's smart, sensible and knows how to have fun.  In a different lifetime I'd be chasing him but it's not the right time for either of us now and we both know it.  Who knows if anything could happen in the future but it's not worth thinking about for now.  (Well, not more than fleetingly... you can tell I've obviously thought about it.)

I'm about to have a lot more family support with the return of my Mother (nobody else in my family knows my plans.)  I didn't even tell her until I was into my second cycle of IUI's because she was distracted overseas by her own woes and wasn't being much of a listener at that point.  

So life is on the UP... HSG on Thursday and I'm making my Mother drive me just in case I don't feel too great afterwards.  People seem to have such a wide variety of reactions to it.  Will update after to let you all know how I did.   

No comments:

Post a Comment