Thursday, April 17, 2014

Gearing up to try again.

I finally got to see my RE about the Unicorn within me.  This appointment occurred 1 hour after the family blow up described in my last post.  Needless to say I was a little out of sorts.  

I find my RE to be a little blase and casual about my fertility... though she is informative... did explain very well what I have and how it happened... still though... she didn't really make it out like it was a bit deal at all to have been born with just half a uterus.

Maybe it isn't a big deal however, it certainly does increase my chance of first trimester miscarriage, ectopics and pre-term labor,  (by 10-15% more or less.)  Carrying multiples would be dangerous/impossible also... so this is why she recommended I try Clomid for a couple of cycles in order to attempt to make the left ovary produce some follicles.  Injectibles up your chances of multiples by 25% so that's a very last resort... I can't imagine coming all this way only to have to selectively destroy something I want so much to nurture... doesn't bear thinking about. 

The Good news:

My unicorn uterus doesn't make pregnancy that much harder to achieve necessarily.  It seems that IF I were to get pregnant and IF I were to make it past the first trimester I would be able to start to relax a little more until into the 3rd trimester when I would be closely monitored in case I went into labor early. 

Just another thing to worry about.  Just another hurdle to jump.

But I'm glad to be closing in on my 3rd attempt... don't let me down no 3, you've been my lucky charm for so long and now's the time to show me what you're made of!    

1 comment: