Tuesday, March 11, 2014

IUI #2 here we go...

And so begins anew the two week wait after my second IUI which has occurred a month to the day after my first IUI.  Feels a little different this time... and I have a new rule for this one:

No googling of symptoms allowed.  Not even once! 

That's it... this time I've arranged to have a beta test at day 14 so that I don't have to wait til my period on day 16.  I refuse to buy those cheapo pregnancy kits from amazon... I see no point in torturing myself over something that cannot be changed.  I'm gonna be the coolest two week waiter that ever was... haha.. we shall see.

In other news I have been doing acupuncture instead of drinking teas and such... I had a session before my IUI this morning and she focused a lot on relaxation as well as fertility stuff... it totally worked because I've been barely able to move today from sheer exhaustion.  Relaxed to the point of coma pretty much.  I go back in a couple of days for a session that promotes egg implantation.  I think that the acupuncture makes me feel like I'm doing something which creates an overall sense of control and calm within me.  I don't know how I'll feel if I'm still doing this in 4 months but for today, at least, it's working.

Now time to get back into bed.  Wish me luck ... 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the very best on your journey. I started mine eight years ago--but it seems like yesterday! Both my sons were conceived via anon. donor IUI's. May you have blessings of health and happiness as you pursue motherhood.

    ReplyDelete