Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Health Insurance

On March 1st my health insurance kicks in... Yay Obamacare!  I've been able to afford a great policy which I'd never have been able to afford before.  It covers a lot and has a small deductible/max out of pocket/whatever.  Hallelujah!

Initially I had thought that nothing I was about to do as a Single woman trying for a child would be covered... now I have been told that all monitoring and medications will be paid for by the health insurance company.  Of course the IUI's will come out of my own pocket but it's kind of comforting to know that next month I can get a little monitoring.  (I've been planning next month since my 1st IUI as I'm still in denial this could have worked.)

So, if this month is a no go then I'll be doing day 3 testing and finding out if I have many eggs left and all of that fun stuff... Still saying no to drugs until I've done 3 rounds on my own.  

Another benefit to health insurance that will save me money is that I will most likely just be filled with Mr Handsome once a month instead of back to backs.  

On another note I went to get my progesterone levels checked yesterday and it came back great... a 16 which would more than promote a healthy pregnancy... again, that's with no drugs.  I wasn't sure if it was 100% necessary but I was just interested to see what it said more than anything.  It was a hell of a day.  The RE office is an hour away and whilst I was there a huge snow storm blew in... was only meant to be a dusting.  My car is no good in the snow and I usually don't drive it in such weather conditions... wiped out driving 20mph in a straight line and hit the barrier... ugh.  Just when I thought I'd stretched my finances enough too.  

The RE tried to get me in for a BETA test in a week but I refused it.  I said I'd wait for my period and that would be my BETA test... if it fails to come then I'll take a home test and come and see them after 1st March!  Trying to be as Zen as I can about the whole 2ww.  It feels so unreal... like being pregnant couldn't possibly be an option.  At the same time I cried 3 times yesterday and usually I only cry about once a year so I guess it's getting to me in the deep downs.

One more week to go... tick tock.   

No comments:

Post a Comment