Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Options...

So obviously, finding myself unexpectedly single in my mid thirties is not where I had expected my life to take me...  time for Plan C (I'll get to plan B in a moment - it failed).  I immediately signed up with a sperm bank in California... that was easy... then I went to the Dr to get a full medical check... and then I hit the brakes... I wasn't ready for this yet... this was a knee jerk reaction... I needed time to get over my heartbreak and of course I needed to consider Plan B.

 PLAN B 

Find a Prince Charming.  Or something... of course I hadn't given myself the option to meet someone else... perhaps they were right in front of me and I was surely not going to notice them if I threw myself headfirst into this donor sperm plan was I?  So I gave myself a deadline and waited to be charmed.  

Success!  I mean, he had some issues but hey I was blinded by how opposite to the ex he was... amazing... calm, cool, emotional... and another 6 months passed... oh dear, I was wrong!

Dating is so fun that I threw myself into that too... okcupid, match, tinder... I've tried them all but that's fodder for another blog altogether... and at the end of it all I still haven't found a suitable partner... I have however, found a few good friends and that's a reward in itself.

So yes, plan B has failed me.  It's time to hit plan C

Plan C options 

  1. Adoption
  2. Foster (with option to adopt)
  3. Steal baby from stranger (Just kidding)
  4.  
  5.  
  6.  
  7.  
  8.  
  9.  
  10. Use Donor Sperm
What I'm trying to tell you here is that even though I signed up with a sperm bank 3 years ago I never really considered it as an option... I think it was my way of creating a safety net and a way of reassuring myself that I could indeed do it on my own.  Over the next 3 years I slowly but surely warmed up to the idea and stopped judging myself for the choice I was heading towards making.  After all, until we stop judging ourselves we can't expect others not to judge us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment