Friday, July 4, 2014

Retrieval...

I had my retrieval yesterday.  I was a bag of nerves.  I'm such a wuss mentally about general anesthetic but then when I saw how quickly the lady in front of me was 'processed' I started to relax a bit.

I was very impressed with the customer service... I got to meet the anesthesiologist, the surgeon, the assisting nurses and the lab technician who was fertilizing the eggs.  The nurse found my vein pretty quickly (miracle!) and generally they all put me at ease... 

Before I knew it I was out of surgery and dreaming that I was at work.  They retrieved 8 eggs and I found out today that 7 of them successfully fertilized.  I'm very happy with those odds!  

They're hoping that my little embryo's will make it to blast so that would mean that my transfer will be on Tuesday.  I'm tentatively scheduled for Sunday just in case 3 day is my option.  My fingers, toes and yes, legs are firmly crossed that I have some left to freeze so that I hopefully don't have to go through this again.  

IVF is such a miracle to me.  I remember being a child and hearing about test tube babies and thinking it sounded so peculiar and amazing.  Little did I know that all these years later I would be benefiting from this very technology.  

So here's to my little embryo's... sending all of my positive energy to make them strong enough to come and hang out in my uterus for 9 months!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of luck, hope it keeps going as you wish! from a mom who traveled a long path to motherhood, every step of the way is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7!! That's great news! One step closer!

    ReplyDelete