Saturday, December 24, 2016

4 months old, first Christmas


It's been a while, lack of computer still keeping me off of blogging. iPad makes it so sluggish and  for some reason  I have never fully grasped how to use speech to text.

my little one is now 4 months old and the light of my life. He has been such an easy baby. Except for when he was born I didn't hear him cry until he was about 5 weeks old (because he was hungry in his car seat. Easy fix.) He has been a good sleeper from the get go. I have never been sleep deprived. I had terrible insomnia during the TTC process and whilst pregnant. The second X was born I felt a weight lift off of me. The stress dissolved and I could finally relax as it was all over. Maybe he picked up on this because he is a chilled out little guy.

I had no idea that infants have a personality. I had always said that I'd be happy to be handed a six month old and go from there... How wrong I was! This kid is full of character. He smiles easily, he coos and chats up a storm. He's patient when you change his clothes and his diaper. He's snugly and gentle. He's also huge! We are already in 12 month pjs. He's so long. Thighs for days and cheeks for weeks. A proper little Buddha! 88th percentile for weight and 94th for height. I don't think we will be in the bucket seat for too long. It already seems pretty snug!

I took him across the country when he was 5 weeks old to meet his cousins and aunties. Flying was a breeze as he was so small he just slept. I just love having a little travel companion.  We plan on going to meet a lot of his diblings in May which I'm looking forward to. I think they're such a valuable resource for him and hope that he will be close to at least a couple of them as he gets older. The likelihood of me having another is slim. It took me so much to get him here. I wish I could do it as I want him to have someone to share childhood memories with and to be here for him when I am not but I really don't think that it is to be. Finances and fertility are not on my side! Not that I am sad. I'm beyond happy that I have my son. I love waking up to his face in the morning and look forward to the adventures we will have.

It's mind boggling to go back a year. I was barely pregnant and equal parts excited and fearful. I felt like my body was wrapped in a fragile bubble and I was so careful with it. I hadn't even had my first ultrasound. I tried to imagine what the next Christmas would be like but could only talk in maybes and what ifs. I pretty much spent the first half of my pregnancy that way. And now he lies under his activity mat playing contentedly. He squeals intermittently and tries to breastfeed off of the hanging mirror.

What a difference a year makes.

BEST.GIFT.EVER

Happy holidays to you all. May your baby dreams come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment