Tuesday, April 14, 2015

2nd beta

Just a quick update... my second beta came back at a strong 684 which I am very happy with.  My RE said he would have been happy with anything in the 300-400 range but I think he was just being nice! 

Still pretty symptom free.  Don't love food as much as normal but don't feel sick at all yet.  My boobs hurt a couple days ago but now they don't... just a little sore but nothing I wouldn't feel during my period.  Mild stomach cramps.  

I'm hoping that it continues to be this easy although it's a little harrowing to feel nothing in particular.  My mind goes to town thinking that it's not sticking.  I have a 2 wk and 2 day wait now til my first ultrasound to determine due date and heart beat.  The waiting never stops... ah well.

I told the guy I'm dating that I'm pregnant. (And that it's not his!)  Even though he was aware of my journey I hadn't told him that I'd had the transfer... I was waiting for the result.  I was so nervous but I found a very opportune way of telling him before things got physical.  It was kind of dark in the room and all I could see was his giant smile!  He was very happy for me... said that he thinks he is going to be just fine with it all.  I assured him that when it's time to announce it that I'll make sure he doesn't get the blame!  We laughed that it's the fastest anyone he's dated has ever gotten pregnant... Things are good.  

So weird... I thought that doing this on my own would mean that I would forgo sharing news of my pregnancy with a partner and celebrating together. However,  I got the moment, albeit it was a little skewed.  Most importantly his reaction is a bonus.  I was *and still am* prepared for him to flee.  Nothing can shake the extreme happiness I feel now that I finally have a little being growing it's way into my life.    

2 comments:

  1. That is great to hear! Did they transfer one or more? I wouldn't worry about not feeling anything yet. I was totally convinced that I had a false positive with this second pregnancy because I didn't feel pregnant, I several weeks later I was feeling it!

    Glad to hear the guy you are seeing handled it well. He sounds like a nice guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one super beta!! Very nice to hear your love interest was happy for you & that you got to share your joy!

    ReplyDelete